32. Zhou, W., & Woszidlo, A. (2023). Young adults’ retrospective reports of family cohesion, parental differential treatment, and sibling relationships. Family Relations. https://doi.org/10.1111/fare.12878
31. Ross, E., & Woszidlo, A. (2021). Breastfeeding in the workplace: Attitudes toward multiple roles, perceptions of support, and workplace outcomes. Breastfeeding Medicine, 17 (1), 38-45. https://doi.org/10.1089/bfm.2021.0119
30. Hall, J., & Woszidlo, A. (2021). Families communicating through technology. In A.L. Vangelisti (Ed.), The Routledge handbook of family communication (3rd. ed.). Routledge.
29. Arroyo, A., Woszidlo, A., & Janovec, A. (2020). Voice as a mediator of mothers' and daughters' feminist attitudes and psychological outcomes: An application of silencing the self theory and social cognitive theory of gender development and differentiation, Communication Monographs. https://doi.org/10.1080/03637751.2020.1758949
28. Harvey, J., Crowley, J., & Woszidlo, A. (2018). Mindfulness, conflict strategy use, and relational satisfaction: A dyadic investigation. Mindfulness, online, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12671-018-1040-y
27. Woszidlo, A., & Kunkel, A.D. (2018). Social learning theory: An emphasis on modeling in parent-child relationships. In D. Braithwaite, E. Suter, & K. Floyd (Eds.), Engaging theories in family communication: Multiple perspectives (2nd ed.). Routledge.
26. Woszidlo, A. (2016). Family of orientation. In C. Shehan (Ed.) The encyclopedia of family studies. Wiley-Blackwell.
25. Hoskins, N., Woszidlo, A., & Kunkel, A.D. (2016). A recipe for disaster: Higher levels of listening anxiety and lower levels of trust push verbal aggression to the boiling point. Iowa Journal of Communication, 48, 96-112.
24. Givertz, M., Woszidlo, A., Segrin, C., & Jia, Q. (2016). Direct and indirect effects of attachment orientation on relationship quality and constraint commitment in married couples. Journal of Family Studies, online, https://doi.org/10.1080/13229400.2016.1211548
23. Givertz, M., Burke, T., Segrin, C., & Woszidlo, A. (2016). Attachment orientation moderates the association between dedication and constraint commitment and felt constraint in married couples. Couples and Family Psychology: Research and Practice, 5, 1-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/cfp0000052
22. Givertz, M., Segrin, C., & Woszidlo, A. (2016). Direct and indirect effects of commitment on interdependence and satisfaction in married couples. Journal of Family Psychology, 30, 214-220.
21. Asbury, M.B. & Woszidlo, A. (2016). Understanding the relationship between family communication and the development of weight stigma. Health Psychology Report, 4, 1-11. DOI: 10.5114/hpr.2016.57682
20. Strobach, T. & Woszidlo, A. (2015). Young and older adults' gender stereotype in multitasking. Frontiers in Psychology, 6, 1922. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2015.01922
19. Knutson, K., & Woszidlo, A. (2014). The associations between family structure, loneliness, stress, and support in college students. Family Science, 5, 20-29.
18. Givertz, M., Woszidlo, A., Segrin, C., & Knutson, K. (2013). Direct and indirect effects of attachment orientation on relationship quality and loneliness in married couples. Journal of Personal and Social Relationships, 30, 1096-1120.
17. Woszidlo, A., & Segrin, C. (2013). Direct and indirect effects of mutual problem solving on newlywed couples’ negative affectivity, stressful events, and marital satisfaction. Marriage and Family Review, 49, 520-545.
16. Asbury, M.B., & Woszidlo, A. (2013). Coping with obesity: The use of problem and emotion-focused strategies on weightwatchers.com message boards. Ohio Communication Journal, 50, 83-105.
15. Burke, T., Woszidlo, A., Segrin, C. (2013). The intergenerational transmission of social skills and psychosocial problems among parents and their young adult children. Journal of Family Communication, 13, 77-91.
14. Segrin, C., Woszidlo, A., Givertz, M., & Montgomery, N. (2013). Parent and child traits associated with overparenting. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 32, 569-595.
13. Woszidlo, A., & Segrin, C. (2013). Negative affectivity and educational attainment as predictors of newlywed’s problem solving communication and marital quality. Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied, 147(1), 49-73.
12. Burke, T., Woszidlo, A., Segrin, C. (2012). Social skills, family conflict, and loneliness in families. Communication Reports, 25, 75-87. DOI: 10.1080/08934215.2012.719461
11. Segrin, C., Woszidlo, A., Givertz, M., Bauer, A., & Taylor, M. (2012). The association between overparenting, parent-child communication, and adaptive and maladaptive traits in adult children. Family Relations, 61(2), 237-252.
10. Hanzal, A., & Segrin, C. (2009). The role of conflict resolution styles in mediating the relationship between enduring vulnerabilities and marital quality. Journal of Family Communication, 9, 1-20.
9. Segrin, C., Hanzal, A., & Domschke, T. (2009). Accuracy and bias in newlywed couples' perceptions of conflict styles and their associations with marital satisfaction. Communication Monographs, 76, 207-233.
8. Givertz, M., Segrin, C., & Hanzal, A. (2009). The association between satisfaction and commitment differs across marital couple types. Communication Research, 36, 561-584.
7. Hanzal, A., & Segrin, C. (2008). Conflict patterns and family of origin conflict in newly initiated remarriages. Journal of Divorce and Remarriage, 49 ½, 41-55.
6. Hanzal, A., Segrin, C., & Dorros, S.M. (2008). The role of marital status and age on men’s and women’s reactions to touch from a relational partner. Journal of Nonverbal Behavior, 32, 21-35.
5. Dorros, S.M., Hanzal, A., & Segrin, C., (2008). The big five personality traits and perceptions of touch to intimate and nonintimate body regions. Journal of Research in Personality, 42, 1067-1073.
4. Allen, M., Emmers-Sommer, T. M., D’Alessio, D., Timmerman, L., Hanzal, A., & Korus, J. (2007). The connection between the physiological and psychological reactions to sexually explicit materials: A literature summary using meta-analysis. Communication Monographs, 74, 541-560.
3. Segrin, C., Hanzal, A., Donnerstein, C., & Taylor, M., & Domschke, T. (2007). Social skills, psychological well-being, and the mediating role of perceived stress. Anxiety, Stress, and Coping, 20, 321-329.
2. Emmers-Sommer, T. M., Pauley, P., Hanzal, A., & Triplett, L. (2006). Love, suspense, sex, and violence: Men’s and women’s film predilections, exposure to sexually violent media, and their relationship to rape myth acceptance. Sex Roles, 55, 311-320.
1. Emmers-Sommer, T. M., Triplett, L., Pauley, P., Hanzal, A., & Rhea, D. (2005). The impact of film manipulation on attitudes toward women and editing. Sex Roles, 52, 683-695.